Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: And She's Allowed to Vote...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    Prolly the most racist folks I've ever met were from Ohio...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #22
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    Theres a reason its called Southern hospitality, not Northern hospitality. Racism is everywhere, but it is a common misconception that it is more prevelant in the South. Is it here, Yes. Are we the worst for it, definitley not.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #23
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KKK (as it exists today) started in Indiana. Nation of Islam (very racist group started in Detroit) Black Panther party (Oakland) Skinheads (UK) American Nazi party (Arlington / DC) No major hate goups that I can think of started in the south.

    Many people with experience in the matter (having lived both in the south and locations up north) including my mixed race son, will tell you that the south is typically less racist.

    If you don't believe there are more serious race divides up north you can simply walk down several streets in any major northern city and witness several examples on the spot.</div></div>

    I understand and am well aware of the "start-up" points of those groups, if you read what I said (this goes for you too, Mike Jones):

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the oldest movements started in the south and is still alive and well today (unfortunately) in the KKK and white supremacists...<u>all that stemmed from racial prejudices in the South</u></div></div>

    It may have taken organizational root in Indiana/Arlington/DC...but in my experiences and studies of history, all the racial tension and such started in the deep south. Just because it got organized elsewhere doesn't mean it's roots aren't somewhere else.

    I get people reading one part of what I said and taking it extremely literally while glossing over another part.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CoeburnCane Yes your a jackass.</div></div>

    Not smart of you...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ron white is a comedian.</div></div>

    Really? I thought he was some kind of race-relations expert that would make my POV stronger by acknowledging him.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your a tool.</div></div>

    Hope you were looking in the mirror. Once again...not smart of you to say to me.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    ban his ass [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    Some of the most racist movements may have not started in the South, but the uneducated combined with that, gave it strength in the South.

    Not all the South, not even most of the South, but honestly, our area is some of the worst, because of the lack of racial diversity.

    I know when I went to college, I could probably count on 1 hand the number of people of a different race that I had ever said more than 2-3 words to. Luckily, I wasn't brought up to be a hater, and probably was lucky to deal with some fairly intelligent and decent people of alternate races first when I got to college (not the stereotypes that we all see).

    I've sat with some great people, smart people even, who were raised in a different atmosphere, who would tell you that Justin Hamilton wasn't really that good, those other boys were just as good if not better, he was only getting the chance because he was 'black'. When in fact the only reason they thought the others were better was that 'Justin was black'. They weren't the out and out KKK joining people but they were awful quick to slide over to the white versus black argument.

    Thats something I can't stand, its the Jesse Jackson's or Al Sharpton's who try to make EVERYTHING about race, which to me, makes them be the most racist of all.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    If everyone has such a problem down here....move to detroit, they will welcome you with open arms (and a spare clip in their pocket), just because your white.....

    Better yet move to Obama's home state, right in down town chicago, as of yesterday it was safer to be in downtown bahgdad...Some job Obama has done there....
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    shhhh....go back to sleep
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    I'd move to Chicago in a heartbeat if my wife would move.

  10. #30
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: And She's Allowed to Vote...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prolly the most racist folks I've ever met were from Ohio... </div></div>
    Watch it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •